I know. I have not been blogging. I have been doing other things, such as:
(Note: none of these are essentially more important than blogging, but this is what going on.)
- Watching New Moon for the second night in a row. Yesterday, my brother and sister really wanted to watch it, but during the ending, my mom had to answer a phone call and thus missed the last 20 minutes. So, we watched it again tonight. Somehow, she fell asleep in her chair. Actually, I’m the only one still awake. Possibly because I was inputing my revision changes into the digital version of my ms. I will say that watching it makes me want to read something with steamy paranormal romance, ie. probably not middle grade.
- Hanging out with my family. My brother, my father, my mother, and my sister all came up for spring break. It was fantastic. Right now, we’re two down and two to go. I will be sad to see them go, so I’m trying to get as much quality time in as possible. (Quality time = my nineteen-year-old stripping off his shirt and drawing a circular tattoo on his arm and quoting the most ridiculous of Jacob Black’s lines from the aforementioned movie until my sister laughed so hard that she almost fell down the stairs. Oh, college-age siblings.)
- Driving back and forth from the airport. It takes over an hour and a half to go each way, and to get back to work/school at a reasonable hour, my father and sister’s flights took off at 7-something on Tuesday and 8-something today respectively. This means early wake-up times. (Technically, I didn’t have to go with them to the airport, but I wanted to see them off.) This means that you go into that weird sleep-deprived daze. For example, I was asleep when we got pulled over for going 14 miles of the speed limit this morning at 7:15AM, and the lights confused me like whoa. It still seems like something that happened in a dream rather than reality. Especially since he let us off with a warning. (I was NOT driving, btw. The most responsible driver in the house was, and I will leave you to guess who that was.)
- Revising. Technically, I’m revising the revisions right now. It’s epic. It’s not going badly. Just slowly. The slow part bothers me, but it would be more bothersome if it wasn’t going at all. Of course, I’m still on the top half of the novel, which is more problematic, because I’m adding more to it – and shuffling the new scenes around a lot. (Reminds me of shuffling a deck of cards – have I mentioned this yet?)
- Figured out how to reply to comments on Blogger. You start a whole new comment. I kept thinking that I could reply to each comment individually, but no, that’s a livejournal thing.
- Making a huge mess of the kitchen table. I swear all those papers aren’t mine. No, for serious. That’s not even my laptop. (Okay, that is my printer.)
- Spending epic amounts of time on iTunes. Actually, this just happened today, but it was suchan epic amount of time that it gets its own spot on the list. I mean, I was on it for hours, organizing my playlists (ie. deleting the ancient ones that I haven’t listened to since August) and creating new ones. Specifically, creating new ones for the manuscript I’m working on. I mean, I had a few rough ones before, but they just got me through the first (and second) drafts. Now, I actually have thirteen separate ones for different sections, and a ton of Regina Spektor for some odd reason.
- Feeling guilty about not blogging. Sadly, I will have to break my 15-blogs-a-month New Year’s resolution. :’-( I mean, I guess I could pull out all the stops and blog twice a day for the next few days and totally make it, but I feel my revisions need me more than my blog. And so I’m amending my New Year’s resolution again: 15 posts on a normal month, but 10+ if I do lots of traveling that month. But hey! it took me all the way until late March for me to break this resolution which is much better than what happens with most of my resolutions. Hmm.
Whew. I am sooooo sleepy (have been awake since 5:30AM). I think I shall go crawl in bed…